1. Account Settings
- Account Settings
- Ensure you have access to the Facebook Ad Account
- Ensure you have at least Ad Account Advertiser permissions
- Ensure you have access to the linked Facebook page with correct permissions
- Ensure that billing information is up-to-date
- Ensure the brand Facebook page is up-to-date with all pertinent business information
2. Tracking & Audiences
- What are the account goals?
- What are the KPIs?
- Ensure conversion tracking is set up and working correctly
- Ensure custom audiences have been created
- Are look-a-like audiences being leveraged?
- Ensure ads target large enough audiences
3. Campaign Structure & Settings
- Campaign Settings
- Is there any nomenclature in place to keep campaigns organized?
- Take note of which campaign types are being leveraged in the account
- Ensure the campaign budget is adequare based on performance metrics
4. Ad Sets, Ads & Landing Pages
- Ad Sets
- Is there any nomenclature in place to help keep ad sets organized?
- Ensure there is only 1 active ad per ad set
- Ensure that ads are serving on both Desktop and Mobile newsfeeds
- Enusre location targeting is accurate and appropriate for the ads being served
- Ensure the appropriate age ranges are being targeted
- Are ads optimized for conversions or clicks?
- Ensure the ad set budgets are adequate based on performance metrics
- Ensure no ads have been disapproved
- Ensure ads are free of typos/grammar issues and have a relevant CTA
- Check ad relevancy scores
- Ensure that ads are being tested against one another
- Ensure ads have been updated in the past month to avoid ad fatigue
- Landing Pages
- Ensure no landing pages have errors or load issues
- Ensure landing pages are responsive/appropriate for each device you are serving ads on
- Ensure the landing page content aligns with the ad messaging and goal for your campaign